Sunday, December 26, 2004

Sick. Broken. Xmas Party Part II. Xmas. Return.

I'm sick. I've been sick for a while with the flu. It really sucks.. and yes, I still have it. I think I haven't been drinking enough fluids to make it all go away. But it's sooo cold here, I don't want to drink anything because it sends a chill through me. I know, I know, I could be drinking tea... heh.

And in my sickness... culminating in a mini breakdown, I broke my beloved denshi jisho [electronic dictionary]. In my sickness, I managed to knock it off the computer desk. When I bent over to pick it up, I got woosley, tripped and stepped on it. The result of it being the picture below. Unfortunately, that was 2man down the drain... and now it's time for me to buy a new one.

Oh yeah, and Merry Xmas everyone. It wasn't so hot here. The Xmas Party Part II was alright. Expensive. We went to Chopstix Cafe in Katamachi. Lots of drinks and really weird food and a really great ENGRISH menu which of course I pocketed to show you guys at home. THat was a few hours there and then a few more hours at CJ's. I ended up just chatting with Chris [the owner of CJs] and Trevor the entire time. Good to just talk. That was a few days before Xmas.

On Xmas eve, I went to Kazuo-san's house to have a traditional Brazillian dinner. It was nice. I met his son-- Shousei-kun. I hadn't realized he had a son... so it was a wee bit of a bikkuri shita. I knew he had a wife, that she was a nurse, and that their relationship wasn't top notch, but yeah... so anyway, I also hadn't expected to meet the wife there since Kazuo-san said she wouldn't be coming. Instead, she came... and much to my chagrin, she's a student that I've taught once or twice before. Anyway, NHK Ishikawa came over and interviewed the Brazilian family about xmas and I had my grand Japan debut saying MELE KALIKIMAKA on tv. Woohoo. I looked silly.

I actually had to work on Xmas day, and aside from the Merry Xmas wishes from the co-workers, it was rather a pathetic day. After work, a bunch of us went to dinner at an Indian restaurant called Shangri-La. The food was ok. The Indian people weren't the nicest. It was a bit pricey, but I ate my fill.

And now for the grand news... I've decided to quit NOVA and go back to Hawaii. When it comes down to it, I just can't be alone in Japan and find happiness. I'm miserable here. And as soon as I sell my furniture, I will be going home. Until further notice.

No comments: